Resource Manager, Professional Services
Sacramento, CABenefits Offered
100% health vision and dental coverage
401(k) with matching
Casual dress code
PAC-MAN arcade game
Resource Manager, Professional Services
Zennify is looking for an experienced Resource Manager to support Consultant & Development resources on our Delivery Team within our Salesforce practice. The Delivery Services team works with Sales, Technical Services, and Clients to implement solutions utilizing Salesforce technologies or other development technologies depending upon the client need.
The Resource Manager supports team members in acquiring necessary skills to be successful in their role. They will work closely with peers and Project Managers to identify gaps in employee skills, manage employee development plans and track and support the overall professional development required to be a successful contributor on Zennify customer projects. This position is in a fast-paced environment with deadlines, critical data, and details that are part of delivering an end-product to our customers. Comprehension, reasoning, decision making, and strong communication skills are required for this position.
- Challenge, motivate and inspire the assigned team to grow and deliver as a Zennify project resource
- Encourages the assigned resources in terms of adopting and optimizing Zennify’s Consulting methodologies and processes to ensure project success
- Proactively works with Zennify Project Leads and Portfolio Directors for feedback and goals
- Drives personal accountability to achieve goals
- Work with Consultants, Leadership and HR to promote and grow Consultants skill sets, talent development, and career advancement
- Promotes and supports team members to obtain required certifications & ensures certification maintenance
- Coordinates with project leads and Portfolio Directors to ensure tasks assigned to Consultants are being executed on time and meets quality expectations
- Overcome team challenges and get to the root cause of any team or project issues using the Zennify escalation process, and design and quickly implement solutions that resolve issues
- Offer thought leadership regarding Zennify team organizational and people-related strategy and execution.
- Pro-actively participate and work with Zennify Learning and Development process & standards
- Works with L&D to develops and implement individual and team learning roadmaps and development processes to expedite the utilization of resources for billable work
- Assist with recruiting, hiring and onboarding new team members
- Responsible for understanding and participating in team members’ utilization and capacity planning perspective
- Evaluates individual and team performance relative to on-going feedback and growth
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and administering all aspects of a team members performance and development, including but not limited to: Performance Reviews, Feedback (positive and negative), Time Off Administration, managing all aspects of the employee record in system, ongoing evaluations and plans
- 5+ years of experience working as a people manager or consultant manager, working with internal teams that focus on client implementations and solution delivery execution.
- Strong preference for Salesforce.com experience, preferably in a developer or consulting role
- Highly effective in a collaborative, team-based culture and has experience with cross-functional collaboration and working with multiple teams to deliver client solutions.
- Proven ability to serve as role model to establish a pro-active team culture as a working manager
- Dynamic, results-oriented, accountable leadership style balanced with Emotional Intelligence
- Understanding of how to communicate and foster complex change within a team environment.
- Ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- Ability to be self-directed and effectively manage your own time to deliver assignments
- Demonstrated ability to work within constraints as well as to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to accept multiple tasks, work on them in a prioritized manner, and complete them in a timely fashion
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal team members, leadership and peers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees and leadership
- Collaborates well with other functions within the organization at a high-level to develop and understand the Consulting team place in delivery high quality services, including team requirements, activities, and executable workload to align with Zennify’s overall goals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong skills in providing constructive criticism and having sometimes difficult conversations with employee’s
- Strong focus on culture, employee satisfaction (ESAT) and positive recognition and rewards
- Preferred Salesforce.com experience in a user, consultant, or development role
- Understanding of consulting services business model preferred
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- Ability to collaborate with L&D to design talent development and training programs for Delivery team members that drive required performance
- Engages team members to adjust to new procedures or organizational changes
- Identifies and creates mentorship and coaching opportunities within the team
- Works with management in diagnosing systemic, group level, and individual organizational needs for improvement
- Experienced in working with leadership to implement talent development solutions that support competency-based career paths for technical roles